The primary duties of this Universal Banker position involve providing outstanding customer service while opening and servicing deposit accounts.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance customer relationships by extending a courteous welcome and delivering accurate and timely customer service while cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, handling loan payments, and dispensing monetary instruments.
- Answer customer questions and resolve related account issues to ensure customer satisfaction via telephone, internet, and in-person communication. Perform service-related activities and appropriate follow-up with customers.
- Acquire new and deepen existing customer relationships by initiating value-added conversations in order to identify customer needs and match those needs with the appropriate bank product or service.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the bank as assigned, including balancing cash dispensers, following opening and closing procedures and organizing customer service areas.
- Comply with internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Meet with customers to open new deposit accounts and service existing accounts.
- Assist customers to make informed decisions regarding their checking, savings, certificate of deposit (CDs), individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs).
- Provide customer access to their Safe Deposit boxes.
- Answer customer questions about bank products and services, including electronic banking
- Refer customers to other areas of the bank for service.
- Follow all regulatory compliance regulations
- Ability to work with team members in a collegial and effective manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Proficient with core banking software systems (i.e., CIF 20/20, Synergy, Xperience, Teller, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, sales, and customer service skills
- Team Player
This position reports to Claire Speedling, Deposit-Operations Manager.
The Universal Banker will work primarily at Foresight Bank's Eyota location, varying shifts between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday and 8:45 AM to noon on a rotating Saturday schedule. This schedule is subject to change based on Foresight's business needs. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees.
Work is performed largely within the bank with limited chance for personal injury. Prolonged and frequent mental and visual concentration is required. The position involves the potential for periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines. The position involves lifting and moving up to 20 pounds of office supplies and equipment, and it involves some bending, turning, and twisting.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties.
This job description does not constitute and employment contract. The person who fills this position will be an at-will employee of Foresight Bank. Duties and responsibilities will change with the changing business environment and needs of the bank, so every position with the bank will involve constant change. This job description is subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.